Gel-filled inline closures are a simple and economical solution that ensure connections can be reliably made in harsh environments. This 2-pair non re-enterable closure is designed for 0.40mm and 0.64mm 2-pair cables. The closure protects the cable and connectors from environmental damage and is easy and intuitive to use. The outer nylon jacket must be removed when using hard nylon jacket cable only, in order to stop moisture ingress. Suitable for aerial and underground use.
Gel-filled inline closures are a simple and economical solution that ensure connections can be reliably made in harsh environments. For direct burial applications wrap the closure using Dexgreen Sealing Tape Item Code: 51300206.
Key Features of Dexgreen Solution
- 2-pair gel filled closure with ‘flapper’ cable retention system
- Tool less, easy to use closure for use in the underground network.
- This system offers excellent cable retention with no tools required for ease of use and increased end user compliance.
- The gel filled closure is fully tested and validated for extended periods and passes 5 meters depth immersion testing.
- The closure is (IP 68 Rated).
- The flapper does not cut through the cable insulation.
- Integrated hanger for hanging in pits, use a cable tie to attach to cross bar.
- Full Cable Range: 5/0.40, 2/0.40 and 2/0.64 cable.
- Cable diameter range 4.5 mm – 7.5mm. Removal of outer sheath on hard jacket cable allows for the 2/0.64 (8.5mm diameter) cable to be inserted.
- Non-re-enterable. One use only.
- Product size: 150 mm (L) x 20 mm (H) x 60 mm (W including hanger)
- Configurations: In-line, Butt and Branch.
- Plastic closure: UV Stabilized, polypropylene (IP 68 Rated)
- Colour: Black
- Metal Flapper CRCA plated
Soft transparent silicone encapsulating gel for splice protection over extended periods in harsh environments
- No tools required for installation
- Simply push cables into the flappers to achieve retention
- Soft encapsulating gel offering greater barrier to moisture ingress when closure is submerged in water
- Robust materials to offer greater protection (IP 68 Rated)
- For use with 5/.40, 2/0.40 and 2/0.64 cable.
- Cable diameter range 4.5 – 7.5 mm. Removal of outer sheath on hard jacket cable allows for the 2/0.64 (8.5mm diameter) cable to be inserted.
- Remove outer sheath on all non-bonded Hard Jacket cable as per instruction.
- The closure is non re – enterable and is designed for one use only.
- Appearance: Colourless, transparent gel
- 1:1 addition type, good adhesive strength and self-healing
- High elongation, excellent flexibility for mechanical stress relieving
- High dielectric properties at high temperature for high voltage protection (>25 KV/mm)
- Excellent aging resistance and weatherability
- Excellent waterproof, corrosion prevention, moisture proof and chemical media resistance