Gel-filled inline closures are a simple and economical solution that ensure connections can be reliably made in harsh environments. This single use closure can be used for in Line, Butt and T – splice applications. The closure is non re-enterable- 1 use only. The closure protects the cable and connectors from environmental damage and is easy and intuitive to use. Suitable for aerial and underground use. Closure is not re-enterable.
This is a waterproof, hinged one-piece wrap around closure. It can be installed and reopened by hand without the need for any additional tooling. It is designed to accommodate an in line joint of up to four pairs of 0.5mm conductor using the CWI8A & or 11A connectors or one pair of drop wire connector 2A. It accommodates one cable at the incoming end and up to two cables at the outgoing end of the closure. These cables will be primarily cable aerial drop wire 55 (CAD55), drop wire 10/12 and cable down lead. Obsolete type drop wires can also be accommodated in one end of the closure. After the joint is made, the cables are simply pushed into the two grooves and then the closure is snapped firmly together giving full environmental protection.
- Dimensions: Installed (LxWxH): 150mm x 36mm x 24mm
- Operating Characteristics:
- Can be closed and re-opened by hand.
- Safe to use, Aesthetical and physically compact.
- No tools required.
- Accommodates obsolete drop wires 1, 2, 3, & 6 (2 to 6.5 mm).
- Specification: Complies with BT specification LN684 Issue 3 April 2005
- Aerial and underground environments for Copper Cable Splicing
- Outside Plant Telecommunications Access Networks - under eaves of buildings or on poles
- Designed for the following cables:
- Can be used for in Line, Butt and T – splice applications. The closure is non re-enterable- 1 use only.
- Built in hangers for hanging in manholes.