Product Development Designer / Engineer APPLY NOW
Full-time Head-quarters in Little Island, Cork with ability to travel occasionally
Product Development Designer / Engineer
Location: Full-time Head-quarters in Little Island, Cork with ability to travel occasionally
Critical that they have an industrial design / mechanical engineering background and have understanding of working with multiple different materials for product development and design. Key examples include sheet metal work, injection moulding for plastics and working with various design concepts. Also experience in 3D printing and prototyping is an advantage
Reporting and Duties
- Report directly to the R&D Manager and work directly with Dexgreen’s team, Customers and Manufacturing Sites on various projects of varying levels of complexity.
- The individual must have a proven track record in working on innovation projects from start to completion. They must also have experience in working in teams and ensuring end user feedback is well documented.
- The core purpose of the Product Development Designer is to ensure that all effort and focus is placed on ensuring that all inputs and outputs related to Product Design (designs, prototypes, other relevant docs) are completed in line with company project plans and timelines, to quality specifications and processes and most importantly as to customer requirements.
- Products are generally composed of multiple materials and must comply with rigorous mechanical and environmental specifications, i.e. finished product suitable for deployment in harsh environments
- We require the successful candidate to have experience in manufacturing a range of materials in order to develop products to suit multiple applications.
Production focussed - Experience in working on production focused product development projects. We must complete prototypes within relatively short timeframes from initial concepts
IT literate – in a role that requires constant development of new designs (software: solidworks; fusion 360; keyshot; Adobe suite; MS Office; ability to do 3D rendering is advantageous)
Solid Works - or 3D CAD design experience
Customer focused - Ability to liaise with customers, document feedback and incorporate into designs.
Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively / collaboratively in teams
Organisation - Ability to plan and organize and work to tight deadlines. Project planning is a critical skill
- Product Design and Development –
Complete design - from initial concept to prototypes to design for manufacturing
Attention to detail - ability to focus on complex tasks.
Process-oriented - Ability to evaluate in a structured fashion.
Problem solve - Ability to generate new ideas and problem solve.
Continuous improvement - ability to incorporate learnings into design revisions
Flexible and adaptable - Ability to travel on behalf of the company once settled into the company
Lean Design – an experience in lean design would be an advantage.
- 3rd level degree – Industrial Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant design discipline. In particular - a specialist qualification in product / industrial / tooling design / conceptual product design or experience is preferable
- Candidate must have knowledge of surface modelling
- Must understand basic principles of injection moulding (i.e. undercuts, draft angles, etc.) and they must be capable of implementing these into a CAD package for communication with tool makers
- Excellent skills on Solidworks
- Knowledge of using Autodesk fusion is an advantage
- Preferable that they have keen eye for lighting, materials and finishing when using rendering engines
- Ensure all work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
- Once established within the company - effective management of the customer by liaising in an appropriate fashion on matters such as technical design issues or queries.
- Meet directly with customers and end-users from time to time as part of the product development process
- Lead the resolution of issues, or escalate where appropriate.
- Interact and engage with other departments e.g. production, quality as part of the design process and specifically on larger or more complex projects.
- Manage and work with various suppliers as part of the development process
- Support other project teams by sharing best practice, skills experience and previous learning's.
- Designing final products for manufacture out of multiple materials. We would require the successful track record in working with these materials
|||Full-time Head-quarters in Little Island, Cork with ability to travel occasionally|||||||||F5_5r4fcsI-mGQZO|||FULL_TIME|||EUR|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false
APPLICATION FORM * Required